Post Decree Modifications

Schedules Change | Post Decree Modifications

What are Post Decree Modifications?

As the years pass, circumstances change. Parents sometimes stop using their parenting time, incomes can change drastically up or down, and the needs of the children also change as they grow. The judgment doesn’t change all by itself, however. Post decree modifications need to be filed to ask the court to modify the judgment, whether it’s for custody, parenting time, child support or spousal support.

Whether it’s your ex-husband isn’t paying his child support, or your ex-wife is refusing to let you see your child, self-help isn’t the answer. You need to file for enforcement of the court’s judgment and orders. This way you get the power of the court to help you get the money you are supposed to be paid and to see your children when you are supposed to have them.